Meet Our Doctor. Dr. Sam Delahunty
Dr. Sam Delahunty grew up in the suburbs of Salt Lake City in a family of eight boys. Growing up in sixth position, Sam spent much of his formative years competing in his favorite sport, collegiate wrestling. He attended Alta High School, received his undergraduate degree from the University of Utah and his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Creighton University in Omaha Nebraska.
Dr. Delahunty appreciates providing his patients with sound and relevant dental care. He was selected to participate in a prestigious hospital residency with specific training focused on complex full mouth rehabilitation including root canal and dental implant restorations. He maintains professional affiliations with the Pierre Fauchard Academy, the American Dental Association, the Utah Dental Association and the American Association of Endodontists.
Dr. Delahunty is married to his greatest friend and high school sweetheart. Together they have 5 children and an energetic Bishcon Frise puppy named Dexter. When Sam is not busy enjoying his dental practice he enjoys traveling with his wife, dining out, and an occasional golf outing with any of his 7 brothers.
Sam is grateful to work with some of the best staff in all of dentistry and together they carry on a legacy of dental care that spans multiple generations. The many friendly patients over the years are considered family and are the greatest part of Canyon Rim Dental. Dr. Delahunty is a proud member of the ADA. You can learn more about his credentials by clicking on the button below.
Dr. Delahunty’s hope is that your experience at our office may be pleasant and one that fosters oral care for many years to come.
Qualifications and Achievements
- General Practice Hospital-Based Residency
- Graduated in the top 5% of his dental class with high honors
- Extensive dental implant training
- Comprehensive same-day porcelain crown and veneer
- Multiple Dominican Republic outreach service trips
- Operation Smile ‘Run for Smiles 5K’ founder
- Pierre Fauchard Academy academic achievement award
- Conscious Intravenous Sedation certificate
- Creighton University Excellence in Root Canals award
- Award-winning research on gum tissue regenerative material: Emdogain
- Surgical externship at the prestigious Parkland Hospital in Dallas Texas